On or before July 31, 2017.
The Juvenile Justice Law School Scholarship, offered by Tiftickjian Law Firm P.C., is to encourage and assist students with attending law school with an interest in juvenile justice, as well as raise awareness of the issues of prison sentences and reduced rights for minors that place youths on an institutionalized path towards spending a large part of their life in the criminal justice system.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident;
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited law school within the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- A completed application;
- An official copy of a current academic transcript;
- An essay of not more than three pages describing how you think juvenile justice could be improved to rehabilitate juveniles and keep them out of the criminal justice system.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in the United States (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.);
- The Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. juvenile justice scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 (one thousand dollars) will be made payable to the award recipient to cover these expenses, and the scholarship recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
One applicant is awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or before August 15, 2017.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2017.
Application materials should be e-mailed to publicrelations@CriminalLawDenver.com
or mailed to:
Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C.
600 S. Cherry St. #1105
Denver, CO 80246
Click to download the Tiftickjian Law Firm Scholarship Application Form (PDF
For more information, visit the Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C.