Welcome to SMU Dedman School of Law. We are pleased to introduce to you students who are among the best qualified in the United States. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your recruiting efforts.
The Office of Career Services offers the following services to our employers:
- On-Campus Recruiting (OCI) and Resume Collections
- Employer interview scheduling in the Office of Career Services year-round
- Consulting with employers on recruiting options to meet their hiring needs
- Posting job opportunities free of charge through our online Symplicity system, which can be accessed exclusively by our students and alumni
If you have any additional questions about the services available to you, please contact Karen Sargent, Assistant Dean for Career Services at 214-768-3893 or email@example.com
. If you have specific questions relating to our recruiting programs, please contact Mary Beth Nielsen, Assistant Director for Recruiting and Events at 214-768-4049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines and Policies
- Law students may only work under the supervision of a licensed attorney.
- Unpaid positions with for-profit companies or law firms will not be posted or advertised to students. Employers are encouraged to be informed about federal and state labor and employment laws. For additional information please see the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet on Internships.
- SMU Dedman School of Law will post unpaid positions for government agencies, the judiciary and non-profit entities. Employers recruiting at SMU Dedman School of Law agree to abide by the employment standards and guidelines noted in the National Association for Legal Career Professionals Principles of Professional Conduct.
- By posting a job with SMU Dedman School of Law, you agree to comply with the Non-Discrimination Policy set forth in the University’s equal opportunity statement.